Welcome to LKSSC
Hello and welcome to the Leeds Kingfishers Synchronized Swimming Club (LKSSC) website.
Here you will find out everything there is to know about Leeds Kingfishers including where we meet, who our coaches are, what competitions we are entering, and more importantly how to join. The aims of Leeds Kingfishers Synchronized Swimming Club are:
- To bring Synchronized swimming to all in the community
- To provide trained coaches to ensure that all swimmers can reach their true potential
- To ensure that we cater for both the need of the competative and recreational swimmer
We aim to do this by providing a fun, safe enviroment in which all members of the club can enjoy synchronised swimming at a level which suits them. Want to have a go?
Then come down for a free session where one of our experienced coaches will give you a taster session of what is involved in the sport of Synchronised Swimming.
Our minimum requirements are:
- Stage 7 (National Plan Award)
- You must be able to swim at least
- 25 metres breaststroke
- 25 metres front crawl
- 25 metres backstroke
- 25 metres butterfly
- Preform a movement sequence of 1 minute in a group of 3 or more using sculling head/feet first.
- forward/backward sumersault
- log roll, floating - star on front or back,tuck float,
- Eggbeater - lifting one or both arms out of the water
- Preform a sitting dive
- Swim 50 metres continuously in one stroke
- Swim 100 metres using 3 different strokes
- Tread water using eggbeater action for 30 seconds
- Compleate an obstical course (minimum 4 objects with feet off the bottom throughout
- Be able to pick up from the floor in shallow water
- Jump into the deep end of the pool
- Swimming under water without goggles
which includes the following :-
We look forward to seeing you.